Monday, August 8, 2011

Henrietta Maria, a victim of propoganda by parliamentarians, not unlike Marie Antoinette?

Could it have been possible that Charles' Queen bacame an excuse for parliamentarians and those opposed to the royalists to hold the Queen up as someone not to trust because of her catholic religion, and Charles' apathy towards catholicism and religion in general. I am trying to balance out an essay, which is mainly erting the religious aspect of the civils war, but I feel this is only one aspect to the the outbreak of war. I have read somewhere that there was an early publication of the nursery rhyme Jack Sprat 1639, but I cannot really back this up, as I do not know how to find the title of the book or even if it is truly ociated to Charles and his wife. I would be grateful if anyone has any web links to primary sources to do with pamphlets or other images that may involve Henrietta, or if indeed I am clutching at straws , trying to find opposing opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment